The University Archives selects series of university records for permanent retention which document day to day academic and administrative activities. Below is a brief listing of just some of the types of materials the university creates and which may be selected for the Archives.
Textual- any format
- Correspondence - internal or external between administrators, general public, alumni, staff, students and faculty
- Financial statements -- annual or summary
- Reports and studies
- Policies and procedures
- Case files for personnel, students, donors, etc.
- Planning and budget
Special media - any format or media
- Architectural drawings of university buildings
- Photographs, works of art and other graphic images of people, places and events
- Video, film and other moving image records