The University Archives selects series of university records for permanent retention which document day to day academic and administrative activities. Below is a brief listing of just some of the types of materials the university creates and which may be selected for the Archives.
Textual- any format
2. Correspondence - internal or external between administrators, general public, alumni, staff, students and faculty
3. Financial statements -- annual or summary
4. Reports and studies
5. Policies and procedures
6. Case files for personnel, students, donors, etc.
7. Planning and budget
Special media - any format or media
1. Architectural drawings of university buildings
2. Photographs, works of art and other graphic images of people, places and events
3. Video, film and other moving image records