Managing University records
The University of Toronto Archives and Records Management Services (UTARMS) provides records management support to all University faculties, departments, and offices.
Proper records management facilitates easy access to the information you need, when you need it. It also ensures compliance with information management standards, policies, and legislation, including the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. UTARMS offers the following tools and services to help offices effectively manage their records:
- Staff-training and workshops on records management
- Office consultations and site-visits
- Advice on best practices for paper and electronic recordkeeping
- Information on how long to keep records
- Help creating classification systems for your office’s electronic and paper records
- Procedures for transferring records to the University Archives
- A website with records management tools
Good record keeping helps to ensure continuity, efficiency, and compliance in offices across the University of Toronto. We’re here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact UTARMS with any records management questions that may arise.
For more information, select one of the following links.