Horwood and White fonds

Title: Horwood and White fonds

Dates of creation1842-1922

Physical description: 8.0 metres of architectural and graphic material

Biographical Sketch: J.C.B. Horwood and Murray A. White, Toronto architects of firm Horwood and White. 1919-1969

Scope and content: Plans of buildings and properties pertaining to the University of Toronto, including original drawings by Thomas Young of proposed University College buildings described as the Centre Building, East Wing and West Wing (ca. 1842-1857); original drawings by Cumberland and Storm of University College (ca. 1856-1857); original drawings by David B. Dick, Architect of Moss Hall (ca. 1887), Biological Building (ca. 1887), Museum (1889), Students Union Gymnasium (1892), restoration of University College and New Library Building (ca. 1890-1892), Chemical Laboratory (1893-1894), Old Wycliffe College Building (n.d.), and other working drawings. Many drawings annotated with date 1922 by J.C. B. Horwood.

Finding Aids: File list. See "Guide to Architectural Records."

Access: Open

Accession number: B1965-0028