UTARMS is pleased to offer university offices and departments the ability to transfer digital records directly to the Archives using a new service called UTransfer.
- Once successfully logged in, there will be a folder with an accession number that has been assigned to you by UTARMS (e.g. B2017-0099)
This folder has been designated as the location for digital records associated with a single transfer.
- Once open, the folder will contain two sub-folders: Documentation and Files
- Documentation is a space for any notes or comments that should be included about the digital records that are being transferred to UTARMS. Uploads may include file lists, images/screenshots of file structure, or a general description of the types of files being transferred.
- Files is the space designated for the digital records that will be transferred to UTARMS.
- On your computer, select all the files and folders you’d like to upload (CTRL+A) and right-click and scroll to Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- In each folder, select the ‘+’ symbol near the upper left of the window, and you will be able to select ‘Upload’ to transfer records from your local computer.
- If you are uploading multiple folders: do not select ‘+’ symbol, but instead hold the CTRL key (Mac: Command ⌘), select the folders you'd like to upload, and drag the folders into the web browser window, in order to maintain the folder structure.
- Once the upload process is complete, notify UTARMS for retrieval.
When UTARMS has successfully retrieved the records, a notification will be sent allowing local files to be destroyed securely.