UTARMS is pleased to offer university offices and departments the ability to transfer digital records directly to the Archives.
- Fill out transfer request form
- Once the form has been reviewed, UTARMS staff will email you with a link to a folder where you will be able to upload the files through your web browser. This link will be valid for 2 weeks from the date it was emailed to you.
- Open the link to the shared folder provided by UTARMS staff. The online folder will contain two sub-folders: Documentation and Files
- Documentation is a space for any notes or comments that should be included about the digital records that are being transferred to UTARMS. Uploads may include file lists, images/screenshots of file structure, or a general description of the types of files being transferred.
- Files is the space designated for the digital records that will be transferred to UTARMS.
- On your computer, select all the files and folders you’d like to upload (CTRL+A) and right-click and scroll to Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder
- In each folder, select the ‘+’ symbol near the upper left of the window, and you will be able to select ‘Upload’ to transfer records from your local computer.
- If you are uploading multiple folders: do not select ‘+’ symbol, but instead hold the CTRL key (Mac: Command ⌘), select the folders you'd like to upload, and drag the folders into the web browser window, in order to maintain the folder structure.
- Once the upload process is complete, notify UTARMS for review. When UTARMS has successfully retrieved the records, a notification will be sent allowing local files to be destroyed securely using our standard Records Destruction Form.
- Once the Destruction form is complete, it is important that the transferring office securely destroys their digital records immediately. Retaining copies of records that have been transferred to the UTARMS poses potential security risks, and compromises the authenticity and reliability of the digital records that have been transferred to UTARMS.