- Tuesday-Friday: 9am-4:45pm
Where are we?
The University Archives are located on the fourth floor of the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library, adjacent to Robarts Library, to the south.
Researchers can access the Archives via the stairs at the corner of St. George & Harbord Streets. Enter the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library from the side entrance at the top of the stairs on the left (not the revolving doors).
Accessible entrance (no stairs):
- Enter Robarts Library from the street-level St. George Street entrance and scan T-Card at the screening checkpoint (U of T students, staff and faculty), or inform staff that you have an appointment at the Archives (external/non-UofT Researchers).
- Keep right, and continue straight pass the Information Commons computers and then take the escalators or elevators to get to the 2nd floor.
- From the elevators: exit the elevator, go through the gates and turn left towards the other set of gates. Once through the second set of gates, turn right and proceed towards the Fisher Library. To the right of the steps, there is a ramp.
- From the escalators: proceed through the gates, turn right, and proceed towards the Fisher Library. To the right of the steps, there is a ramp.
- Please let us know if you would prefer to have a UTARMS staff member meet you at the street-level entrance of Robarts Library and accompany you to the Fisher Library.
- Washrooms are located on the fourth floor outside the Archives Reading Room.
- An accessible, all-gender washroom is located on the first floor of Robarts Library, room 1013, near the left-side Information Commons.
Are you coming to consult one of our collections? Let us know ahead of time so we can pull the material and have it ready for you when you arrive.
If you plan to use our overhead scanner, don't forget to bring a USB flash drive or memory key.
Coming from off-campus?
- Campus map
- We are building RB
- Campus parking
- TTC/Public Transit
- We are a 6-minute walk from St. George subway station (take the St. George Street exit).
- The 94 bus stops at the corners of Hoskin/Harbord and St. George, across the street from the library.
- The 510 Spadina streetcar is a 3-minute walk away (Harbord Street stop)