The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) defines a “personal information bank” as a collection of personal information that is organized and capable of being retrieved using an individual’s name or an identifying number or particular assigned to the individual.
Please find below a list of the University’s personal information banks. Personal information banks for Human Resources were included in this list, although labour relations and employment-related matters are excluded from FIPPA.
Buildings and Property
Information Systems and Records Management
Student Services and Records
- Academic Honesty – case files
- Admissions – Undergraduate
- Admissions - Graduate
- Admission Applications and Recruitment
- Disabilities Services
- Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) – supporting documentation
- Student – Undergraduate
- Student – Graduate
- Student – Non-Degree Studies
- University Disciplinary Tribunal – case files
Note: The retention periods outlined in the PIBs are general guidelines. Please contact the Records Archivist for more detailed retention and disposition schedules.